Cross Cutting Issues
A. Community Mobilization and Organization
• Theory of community mobilization and organization
• Introduction to Community Participatory Approaches(CPA)
• Introduction to Community Based Development techniques(CBO)
• Designing & Managing Community based Projects
• Roles & responsibilities of different stakeholders in CPA
• Projects identification, prioritization, planning & management
• Community Communication and writing skills
Church leaders, Board members, organizational leaders, managers, administrators, programme officers, and development practitioners
B. Mainstreaming HIV and AIDS
Introduction to the concept of HIV and AIDS mainstreaming
• History of HIV and AIDS in Kenya and current situation
• Gender issues related to mainstreaming HIV and AIDS
• Linking with effective healthcare provision of ART and non-ART programmes.
• Prevention, care and support campaigns
• Reintegrating persons living with HIV or AIDS into the workplace and the community
• Community mobilization to reduce stigma and discrimination.
• Steps and strategies for the formulation of HIV and AIDS work place policies.
• Challenges faced by the NGOs and CBOs and methods to mitigate them
CEO’s, Church leaders, Board members, Managers, Directors, Organizational leaders, Managers, Administrators, Programme officers, Project Managers and any development concerned individuals.
C. Mainstreaming Gender
• Gender, Gender equality as a goal -gender mainstreaming as a strategy
• Strategies that target institutions and focus on gender relations in programme work
• Measures to support gender equality contribute to other socio-economic goals
• Mapping out components of a gender policy
• Applying gender mainstreaming in specific contexts ,e.g., policy analysis and technical assistance
• Institutional development /capacity building for gender mainstreaming.
Project Managers, Directors, Administrators, Programme Officers, and participants interested in gender -based integration issues.
D. Mainstreaming Rights Based Approach
• Introduction to theory and history of RBA
• History of RBA in Kenya and its current practice
• Applying RBA tools of mainstreaming in the programme
• Challenges faced by NGOs FBOs and CBOs in applying RBA
Programme managers, project officers and Directors