Introduction to Basic Research and Policy Analysis
TAABCO has developed a tailor-made training and skills development programme. The programme contains affordable courses that provide individuals and organizations with knowledge and skills for development work. Specifically, the courses are specially made for Kenyan and other African NGOs, CBOs, Churches and other Civil Society actors.
1. Introduction to Basic Research and Policy Analysis
• Research concepts in the realm of development
• Policy concepts (policy analysis and influencing).
• Effective research methodologies.
• Data collection and analysis techniques.
• Preparing a policy document/paper.
• Influencing policy change.
• Various statistical packages for social science research
• Understanding the link between project activities and policy decision making at all levels
Organizational leaders, project directors, researchers, policy analysts, technical